I Do Love My Old Chevy Truck!
It’s another love story!
In fact, I cathect my old Chevy Truck!
I wasn’t raised in a throwaway society!
Definition of cathect
To invest with mental or emotional energy
People say I should get rid of my old Chevy truck. But I love my old truck. If you have to drive a Prius 46,000 miles before you balance the manufacturing carbon footprint with the carbon pollution saved, should I keep my old truck?
I think so, IF I:
- Drive it as little as possible, to get compost and such – I love homegrown vegetables.
- Maintain it well for optimal engine function – how do you think it reached 385, 354.5 miles.
- Don’t buy a new Prius, too – no problem, as I can’t afford a new Prius.
- Drive our small car as much as possible – sure is great filling that gas tank.
- Counteract engine inefficiency, by saving energy elsewhere – solar cells arrived yesterday.
We are a team, my old Chevy truck and I, with similar issues:
That’s why I love my old Chevy truck.
She’s an old friend, and neither of us is ready for the scrap heap.