Steps to follow for safer training:
1. Before you start your workout, or when you awake in the morning, scan your body for trouble. You might even do a simple standing meditation. Decide how to address any issues.
2. Check your training plan, and determine your goal (why you are doing this) – relaxing walk to staying on track with your coach’s instructions.
3. Go over your nutrition and hydration, and rectify any concerns.
4. Ask yourself if there is a specific technique that you might work on – hand catch in pool, relaxed high cadence on bike, low impact run.
5. Do your workout.
6. Take the appropriate rest and post-workout nutrition and hydration, plus stretching or use of rollers.
7. Make a note, physical or mental, of any issues that might need addressing.
8. Consider how things are going for your next race or your training in general.
9. Reward yourself for a job well done – coffee with friends, few minutes break before getting on with your day, read a book, pursue hobby, your choice.